The second of these free events is scheduled for Thursday 21 June and will be held in central London, within walking distance of Waterloo station.
Each seminar will feature a comprehensive review of the marine data currently available, what’s in the pipeline and the potential this offers.
- Simon Lewis and Jon Coleman, FIND Maps
- Mike Osborne, OceanWise
- Andy O’Keefe, Virtalis
Outline programme: ‘New depths in Marine Data Exploitation’
Session 1- Core Products:
- Marine data sets
- Web services WMS, WFS and WCS
- Global options
Session 2- Integrating Marine and Land Data:
- Regulatory framework
- Coastal Zone management tools
- Projection and vertical issues
- The complete picture
Session 3- Demonstration of web based services
- WMS data
- Google tile set data
- WFS services
- WCS data
Session 4- The 3rd and 4th Dimensions
- Why these dimensions are critical for Marine Data
- Visualising in 3D
- Planning in 3D
- Designing in 3D
- Real time sensor integration with data
Session 5- Questions and Feedback
- Each seminar will end with an informal opportunity to discuss project specific issues.
For further details or to book your place for the first seminar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a bonus, attending a seminar entitles you to a 15% discount on your next marine data or software order.
Find out more about marine data and services from FIND