It’s been a few months since we released our enhanced DWG styling and feedback has been encouraging. However, some users prefer to work with a black and white map.
Reverting to the old styling is extremely easy and we highlight 2 ways below:
|Fig 1. DWG file containing Ordnance Survey Mastermap loaded within AutoCAD.|
1. Deleting the MPolygons
In this option, the MPolygons will be deleted from the drawing. This will only leave the line work.
- Open your map (see Fig 1).
- Select the MPolygons within the drawing. - Type 'Q Select'. (this displays the Quick Select dialog box. See fig.2)
- Select 'MPolygons' from the Object Type and 'ByLayer' for the Value.
- Select OK (the MPolygons in the drawing will now be selected).
- Press Delete (this deletes the MPolygons leaving just the line work).
|Fig 2. Selecting MPolygons using Quick Select.|
2. Switch off the display of Hatching / MPolygons within AutoCAD.
If you don’t need hatching/MPolygons for your day-to-day work then you might prefer to configure AutoCAD not to display them.
- In the command window type Fill
- Type off
You may need to regenerate the view to display these changes.
|Fig 3. The resulting DWG without MPolygons.|
Please note that this will turn off the hatching/MPolygons for all drawings. Should you require them you’ll need to turn them on again.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 521 1410.